Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Where my art comes from.. Inspirations from a nature loving eccletic pagan

I'm a self taught artist from rural  Michigan, US.. I've always loved nature and I have been a pagan, psychic, medium ,shaman, spiritual nature loving person for as long as I can remember. To me Nature embodies spirituality, I can look at a tree and see the energy it gives off and connect with it and come up with ideas in my mind for a piece of art that goes along with that energy for example Seeing this image

Inspired me to Paint this! Watercolor on glass
 
 
I also love surrealism, usually I take something from nature like a starry night sky and wonder what it looks like from space or if we were could see if we could see the nebulas, with all the different colors, or I love to see the Moon like you can touch it its so close.. I also love taking a real Landscape and turning into a fantasy Scene with pagan influences 
 
Somthing else that inspires me is Mythology and folklore stories especially Norse/Scandinavian folklore and Celtic Mythology and Folklore.. and old Norse Art and Celtic Knot Artwork.. I love things and art that have a great deal of meaning.. I don't like Art that is Painted just to paint for mass reproduction. 
 
Norse Goddess Freya Original Acrylic Painting are for sale on etsy and prints for sale on my website
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment